Endoscopy is a way of looking inside your animal using a small flexible tube containing bundles of fibre-optic cables and has a camera at the end providing high quality images. We can examine the insides of your pet and also obtain samples in a minimally invasive way. Endoscopy is painless, but does require general anaesthesia in our patients.
Using the endoscope we can offer the following services:
- Bronchoscopy – used to visualise the lungs and airways
- Gastroscopy – used to examine the stomach and intestines
- Rhinoscopy – used to investigate nasal discharge, epistaxis or for the removal of a grass seed from up the nose!
- Foreign body removal – in some cases this can be used to retrieve objects from the stomach or intestines.
- Biopsies – in some cases this can be used instead of a surgical technique for example from the stomach, intestines or nasal passage.
We accept referrals in this field at our Meopham Hospital, for additional information, please do not hesitate to get in touch email@example.com